Saturday, May 19, 2012

I AMsterdam

Just a day trip to Amsterdam.  
I can't believe I can say that - I'm still amazed that we're actually living in Germany.  

WEIRD!!!  


Okay, back to my day trip.  I met a new friend Rhonda, from Alberta, while having an impromptu birthday party for my friend Moe.  We exchanged numbers and she told me to let her know if I was ever home alone so she could keep me company.  Well, due to a mix up in schedules and the fact that we still haven't found a puppysitter here in Dusseldorf, I was going to be home alone this weekend.


 I told Rhonda about the sudden change in our plans.  The next thing I knew we were packed in a rental car on our way to The Netherlands to watch some of her old friends play in a 7's rugby tournament.  I was able to see the U.S National Team and the Canadian National Team win two games a piece and I can't wait to check with Rhonda to see how our teams ranked by the end of the tournament.


We had a great day, that was until Alessandra had a total melt down in the car on the way home. But until then it was a pretty darn fabulous day.  Who knew rugby would be so awesome!

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment